The Electric Pitch system on the GE wind turbine, as well as several others, is based upon the application of a DC motor driving a gearbox which is controlled by the processing of a position encoder. History tells us that the physical environment combined with the duty cycle provides ample reason to need to repair and upgrade the OEM equipment.
WECS has developed with our subcontractor a full capability for the fix on many of the electrical components for ELECTRIC PITCH including refurbishment programs and CORE-EXCHANGE options with your field capabilities in mind. The BASICS of the OEM system includes the DC motor, a shaft-mounted brake, a shaft-coupler to the gearing and an Encoder for positioning. WECS offers the following OPTIONS and alternatives:
1- UPGRADED positioning Encoder
2- Replacement components for the Brake
3- Options for modifying the shaft coupler on some models to a spline-drive end
4- Options for components of OR complete replacement of the integrated system
System and component options include providing NEW or REPAIRED/REFURBISHED options including, but not limited to the following:
> Upgrade, or CORE EXCHANGE of ENCODER
> Replacement components or repair of BRAKE system
> DC Motor repair, upgrade, NEW replacement or CORE EXCHANGE
> COMPLETE SYSTEM REPLACEMNT with WECS unit or CORE EXCHANGE
WECS can arrange for a complete CORE EXCHANGE or your existing materials on several basis. WECS can BUY your Pitch System outright. WECS can Take your old system into inventory and supply an operational system immediately or in the future. WECS can take in your old system and return YOUR inventory repaired, remanufactured or rebuilt to new standards.
REMANUFACTURED “Like New”
Motor Only Remanufacturing Process for includes:
1. Thorough cleaning, and complete inspection of all parts.
2. Any motor components found to be damaged or defective are replaced with a NEW part.
3. Commutators are turned using a diamond cutting tool for ultimate smoothness. The bar segments are then undercut.
4. Rotating pieces are precision balanced.
5. NEW bearings with precision seals (better than OEM) and high temperature grease are installed
6. NEW brushes are installed.
7. Motors are Dyno tested, and the results showing “Like New” performance are included with each motor.
8. Motors are freshly painted and placed in inventory for “Just In Time” delivery.
9. TWO Year Warranty
COMPLETE PITCH SYSTEM
Remanufacturing Process for includes motor with all accessories (Brake, Encoder, Blower) is required:
In addition to the above process for MOTOR ONLY, the motor is returned assembled with:
1. Latest version Encoder (cleaned and tested),
2. Fan/Blower (cleaned and tested),
3. Brake (Cleaned, Tested, New disk installed and adjusted),
4. Shaft Grounding Brush is installed(diverts bearing currents to ground by providing a highly reliable shaft grounding path. shaft grounding technology prevents bearing "fluting" damage )
Additional information may be found on all components through the SEARCH button on the right,
or by looking for components on our LIBRARY page
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-251-0040 for additional information